Friday 31 May 2013

'I will not do Romantic roles as I used to' - Dakore Egbusan-Akande

Dakore Egbusan-Akande is no stranger in the Nigerian movie industry. After her much celebrated nuptials with billionaire's son , Harry Akande, she temporarily left the big screen to play mother and wife to her family. well, the sexy and well-spoken actress is back and back for good. Only there would be some changes here and there,especially in the roles she would accept in her movies. Below was what she said:
 

     “I have to consider my husband before taking any role these days. I will not do romantic roles as I used to back in the day. Though, if I saw a role that is good and positive, maybe I could act. I am now a new Dakore and not the old Dakore people used to know because I am coming into a new era in my career. 

Her hiatus from the movie scene got people insinuating that she was barred by her father-in-law and husband, from acting. But here she says other wise:

   
 "I am now a mother and a wife. I just have to be more discerning about the movies that I embark upon.”

     “At this stage we are all grown up and we all know that life is not the way it was when we were growing up so women often have to work and earn a living. But aside the financial aspect, I also love what I do. I never retired from Nollywood and my husband never barred me from acting.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share My Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...