Sunday 7 October 2012

THE UNIPORT 4 AND APRIL JONES: JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED!!

Welcome to Vanessa Michaels'  Blog!

 Frank DeNero is a popular Port-Harcourt based reggae musician who had a moderate hit with his song 'Cure my Craze' a couple of years back. Waking up this morning, the first lines of the song filtered through my mind as I remembered the painful images of the four UNIPORT students recently murdered by indigenes of a community over purported theft of some phones and laptops! 'Woke up this morning...woke up this morning...' and indeed, being a Sunday morning, there were no hymns or psalms in my mind. Only a deep hurt and pain for the souls of those lads, killed in the most inhuman manner by a wicked and cursed community. I refused to watch the videos now being gleefully sent around on cyberspace but seeing one or two pictures on the net has made me a weeping man ever since. ( And please no one commenting on this on my page should send any link to the videos or post any pics here on my wall. I will immediately unfriend that person!) Four young lads could have been reformed, even if they were indeed petty thieves, in a sane society. They could have faced the music in a lawful society and could have come out better or crime-subdued at least. They could have been the leaders of their communities one day after serving their prison sentences, if indeed they were guilty of the crime. But No! Their dreams and ambitions in their own country were cut short by the heartless perpetrators of their collective murder. There is no justification whatsoever for their deaths. None! Even the people who stood by to watch the murder and those who filmed the killing are as guilty of the crime! I wish I could say God forgive them ( and God has the ultimate prerogative on this too, no doubt) but all I can summon in me as I am writing this now are just curses! May God punish those murderers immensely. May they never know rest! May the blood of those boys haunt the community till justice is done. And if the leaders and lawful authorities in that state try to cover up this act and refuse to bring the murderers to justice, May their own children be cursed from Heaven over this! May that community choke on the produce of their land and be scalded by the water they drink from now on until justice is done. My friends, I wish I can apologize for these curses I just pronounced here but I cannot. This incident, as with others in the past and with others sure to come in our Nigerian society makes all feelings of believe in Nigeria just a wish. Really, the country has run amok and its citizens are patients in the national asylum. As I am writing this, I'm watching a special church service for the Missing April Jones, a young British girl presumed murdered. The way and manner in which the whole country rallied to search for the girl these past few days was touching! The stuff a great nation is made of! One life to them is sooooo precious! A thousand lives to us in Nigerians can go to blazes! Watching this here in London, one sees the difference between a country which places high premium on the safety and security of its citizens and one which has descended into a failed state. Ethereally speaking, the murdered April Jones and the four murdered UNIPORT students will face their maker in heaven. Please God, take their souls into heaven and forgive them their sins. Let April hold their hands and walk with them into the resting place you have given them. That's the only comfort one can picture now as I close this piece.


This was culled from the veteran movie producer CHARLES NOVIA's write-up on facebook. An awesome write-up I must say. Justice must be served!! 

A brief profile about two of the boys (who happen to be cousins), that were killed:

Two of them were  cousins. Ugonna and IIyod. Both of them were upcoming rappers. Big L was the winner of a popular Rap Contest show on SilverbirdTV PH called 'Turb Show'. I have a friend who has listened to some of his songs... in fact, I'm totally grieved.





1 comment:

  1. To me, i thank God that men were not given the role of The almighty God. Else, we would have been in a coma in this world. Those guys are evil.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share My Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...